Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve... ha

Tomorrow is already Christmas Eve?! Sheesh... I need to go over my gifts and make sure I didn't forget anything and if so run out and get them! EEk. Brett will be home tomorrow, can't wait. I want to move out there so bad, but I have to finish my job here and find one there. I was talking to my good friend tonight and realized that so many people we know have shown their true colors and that we just don't have anything holding us here anymore. Even though we both have family here, there is just nothing more for us here. It seems like when you are in college and there is an abundance of people and things to do that you don't stop to think who is really a friend to you. Once that is over and you are working all the time and don't have time to go out or party, then you start to find out who stays in touch and who stays in the college mind set. I miss the carefree feeling of college, where your biggest concerns are getting papers and projects done, and getting good grades. I guess that can't last forever, but sometimes I wish it could. At least I have a good set of close friends now. I know who I can rely on, and that even if things are sour it will work out. I'm greatful for that. Lately I have had a real easy time focusing on what is wrong with my life, and what I want, and how it could be so much better. I need to look around and be happy with everything I do have. It could always be so much worse. Even though it might not be what I had imagined life would be like by now, it isn't just me. It's a lot of people, and many of them are my age. We just happened to graduate at a time where our economy is in the gutter and have to wait it out. At least I have a job that allows me to afford my insurance, bills, and food. "The job" will come eventually, and if not then I will find another path to follow. There isn't just teaching art in the world, and I know that if I went to back to school I would do it with more drive than last time. Well, I guess I will go find something to do. I can't wait till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment